tom robbins "jitterbug perfume"

Moderator: Margot

Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

tom robbins "jitterbug perfume"

Post autor: yin »

The most intense spiritual experiences all seem to involve the suspension of time. It is the feeling of being outside of time, of being timeless, that is the source of ecstasy in meditation, chanting, hypnosis, and psychedelic drug experiences. Although it is briefer and less lucid, a timeless, egoless state (the ego exists in time, not space) is achieved in sexual orgasm, which is precisely why orgasm feels so good. Even drunks, in their crude, inadequate way, are searching for the timeless time. Alcoholism is an imperfect spiritual longing.
lila
Kontakt:

Post autor: lila »

Thomas Eugene Robbins (born July 22, 1936 in Blowing Rock, North Carolina) is an American author. His novels are complex, often wild stories with strong social undercurrents, a satirical bent, and obscure but well-researched details. His novel Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1976) was made into a movie in 1993 directed by Gus Van Sant.
In 1954, Robbins attended Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia to study journalism, but left due to discipline problems. He then moved to New York to become a poet. Later, under the threat of the Army draft, he enlisted in the Air Force. After serving for three years in Korea, he left the Air Force, and returned to civilian life in Richmond, Virginia in 1960. There, he entered art school at Richmond Professional Institute, which later became Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). There he studied art, and was the editor of the campus newspaper as well as a copy editor for the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Upon graduation, he moved to Seattle to seek a Masters degree at the School of Far Eastern Studies of the University of Washington. While in Seattle, he worked for The Seattle Times and Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Robbins moved to LaConner, Washington in 1970, and has lived there ever since. He won the Golden Umbrella award at the Bumbershoot Seattle arts festival in 1997.

He was a personal friend of Terence McKenna, whose influence is evident in several of his books. A main character (Larry Diamond) in Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas advocates a theory similar to those of McKenna, involving Psilocybin.
I dont believe his words , it seems that he hasnt much time for wasting it on "suspension"
Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

lila-have u ever felt 'wasted'?
lila
Kontakt:

yes

[ Dodano: 2007-04-02, 00:25 ]
but I have said "wasting " in understending of the society . we are told from the beginning what is useful , good, and what is bad . These are just words...
Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

why do u think he was expelled from university?
lila
Kontakt:

"due to discipline problems."
but then he done and achieved so much and received many distinctions
Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

so what? maybe he's been leading a double life...
lila
Kontakt:

and what about all the will and the motivation... anyway , this would be too difficult for me .
dean

Post autor: dean »

yeah... this is about "cosmic orgasm"... the guy had it... that is the proof... such orgasms exist! I told you... And this buddy defined them perfectly :mrgreen:
I skipped the part about alcoholism ;-) I haven't been drunk since Thursday :->
Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

yeah...I had a mega spiritual experience of cosmic orgasm when I had overdosed...
lila
Kontakt:

and would you like to repeat it ?
dean

I had that too... Once during sex and once during drug overdose... And I'd like to repeat it... But only by the first of the cases...
Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

lila-well, I haven't tried Buddhist chanting yet... :->

dean- try 2 in 1 :evil:
dean

OK... I'll try... next weekend :-P
lila
Kontakt:

yin pisze:lila-well, I haven't tried Buddhist chanting yet... :->
sorry yin but I dont understand you now
Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

lila- I was referring to the quotation.
lila
Kontakt:

yes but my question was reffering to this:
I had a mega spiritual experience of cosmic orgasm when I had overdosed..
and still, I dont anderstand your answer :oops:
Awatar użytkownika
yin
Kontakt:

Yes, I would like to repeat a spiritual experience but of a different kind.
ODPOWIEDZ