My Heart Feels Like Bursting- Chief of the Kiowas Satanta

Moderator: Margot

Awatar użytkownika
Margot
Kontakt:

My Heart Feels Like Bursting- Chief of the Kiowas Satanta

Post autor: Margot »

I love the land and the buffalo and will not part with it. I want you to understand well what I say. Write it on paper ... I hear great deal of good talk from the gentleman whom the Great Father sends us, but they never do what they say. I don't want any of the medicine lodges within the country. I want the children raised as I was...
I have heard that you intend to settle us on a reservation near mountains. I don't want to settle. I love to roam over the prairies. There I feel free and happy, but when we settle down we grow pale and die. I have laid aside my lance, bow, and shiels, and yet I feel safe in your presence. I have told you the truth. I have no little lies hid about me, but I don't know how it is with the commissioners. Are they as clear as I am? A long time ago this land belonged to our fathers; but when I go up to the river I see camps of soldiers on its banks. These soldiers cut down my timber; they kill my buffalo; and when I see that, my heart feels like bursting; I feel sorry. I have spoken.
It is my happiness in you that you don't know me yet.
/Andrzej Partum/
ODPOWIEDZ